Reporting a Student Absence?
OPTION ONE: freecall 0800 RCAWAY (0800 722929)
OPTION TWO: email email@example.com
Our staff use the Electronic Attendance Register (eAR) which allows real-time tracking of student attendance. That data is fed to our parents through Early Notification which will send a text message to parents of students whose non-attendance is unexplained. Student attendance is also displayed on the web portal which is accessible (password protected) 24/7.
Procedures for Parents
If your student is absent from school, please phone the Attendance Officer on 295 0661 Ext 869 or 0800 RCAWAY (0800722929) at any time and leave a message.
If you receive a text message notifying of an absence:
- Please reply to the text
- OR phone our Attendance Officer
- OR provide a note explaining the student’s absence
If a student needs to leave school during the day:
- Please provide a note for your student to take to their Head of House at the start of day.
- The student will obtain an ‘Exit Permit’ which they present at the Student Office before they leave the school grounds.
If a student is unwell at school
- The student should go to the nurse with permission of the teacher.
- Students are not permitted to privately contact their parents and leave the school grounds without clearance from school staff.
If a student is late to school before tutor time finishes
- The student must go to their Tutor Teacher to sign in late.
- If the student is late to school after tutor time – the student must sign in at the Student Office and provide a note from the parent/caregiver advising the reason for being late
- OR the parent/caregiver should phone the Attendance Officer and leave a message
Year 9 – 12 students may not leave the school grounds without permission. We need to know where students are at all times.
Long Term Absence
Long Term Absence – Self Interest Leave of more than four days
If the student will be absent during term time for an extended period – please advise date of absence, return date and reason for absence by one of the following methods:
- Phone the Attendance Officer on 295 0661 ext 869 or 0800722929; or
- Send letter addressed to Principal, Rosehill College, P.O. Box 72546, Papakura, 2244; or
- Email – attendance@rosehillcollege.