On Thursday the 13th of May there is a Ministry of Education Teacher Only Day. School will not be open to students.
All students participating in Sport Department activities must:
- Be reliable by attending all meetings, practices and games.
- Wear the correct uniform, where the uniform is borrowed from the sports office it is to be maintained in a neat and tidy condition and returned at the end of the playing season.
- Abide by the “Student Athlete Policy” of Rosehill College – includes attendance, class performance and behaviour.
Fair Play Rules
- Treat opponents with respect.
- Play hard but within the rules.
- Exercise self control at all time (towards opponents, officials and spectators).
- Respect and accept the decisions of officials without gesture or argument.
- Always do your best but accept victory or defeat with dignity
- Show that it is a privilege to represent your school.
- Recognise and applaud honestly the efforts of team mates or opponents regardless of gender, ethnic origin or special needs.
- Always thank your opponents and officials after the game or fixture.
Student Athlete Policy
ATTENDANCE AND ATTITUDE REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPATING
IN CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES FOR THE COLLEGE
A condition for participating in co-curricular activities for the college is the student will have the correct attitude towards their schooling and at the same time will have acceptable attendance. If either of these is not the case, students will be withdrawn from their activity as set out below.
If there is a serious concern about a student’s attendance they will be withdrawn from the activity. This would happen after there have been discussions with parents by the HOH about attendance concerns and the poor attendance continues. This includes period by period absences or non attendance at school.
- Step 1: Withdrawn from the activity for 1 week
- Step 2: After further interventions the attendance continues to be an issue, the student is withdrawn from the activity for 2 weeks.
- Step 2: After further interventions the attendance continues to be an issue, the student is withdrawn from the activity for the rest of the ‘season’
Discipline Issues / Poor Attitudes
- Students who have been stood down:
- 1st stand down – the student is withdrawn from the activity while on stand down
- 2nd or 3rd stand down – the student will be withdrawn from the activity while on stand-down and while she/he is on red report.
- If the student is referred to SMT by HOH for behavioural issues, the student will be withdrawn from the activity while she/he is on red report.
Suspension: If a student returns to school, the BOT imposes conditions on the student.
Individual circumstance may be taken into consideration.